Today I am 37 years old, which seems weird because I swear I only just turned 32 yesterday (or maybe it was the day before). Even though I feel like I’ve lurched suddenly, shockingly closer to 40, life is pretty darn good and I feel okay about getting older (I mean, it’s get older or die, right?). I plan to spend the day writing, shopping (not something I do often, but it *is* my birthday), and drinking Cava and eating tapas.
There’s not much I need or want, other than for my life to continue being awesome. Still, if you’re looking for a last minute gift idea, here are a few things to consider getting me:
1. I’d like Tottenham Hotspurs to win the English Premier League.
2. Hugs. You can never have too many hugs.
3. A (clean) seat, every day for the rest of the semester, on the F train and Q64 bus.
4. An umbrella like the one Mary Poppins had. That was an awesome umbrella.
5. I’m not going to ask for world peace, cause that’s just silly and unreasonable. Still, it’d be nice if folks could at least realize it’s okay if not everyone is exactly like them and stop acting like people who look or think differently should be legislated against, imprisoned, bombed, invaded, or killed.
6. A year of good books.
7. The ability to watch all future Downton Abbey episodes *now*.
Well, time to get to part I of Miranda’s Awesome Birthday Adventure and start writing (yes, I used the word “awesome” 3 times in this post, but it’s my birthday, so shove off, haters!).
Adios, and see you all when I’m 37 and 1.